Re: On Interoperability

I completely agree with this.

What the payment space needs is a way to authorize and clear in *real-time* the transfer of liability, via a chain of debit/credit on the balance sheet of various nodes (credit intermediaries), whether official banks or not. The challenge is to be able to discover nodes that can participate in this chain based on the preferences of the parties to the transaction, and then be able to commit that chain of transactions.

The interesting thing is that every transaction in this chain is a transaction on a credit intermediary's balance sheet, from one account of an issuer of assets to another account at the same issuer, so OpenTransact fits really well this model.

Guillaume Lebleu