Re: Part 3: PaySwarm vs. OpenTransact Comparison

Saying that everything is out of scope may be a bad reaction from me due to
frustration in Manu's original post and the way it was formulated.

A lot of things are obviously in scope. We have defined the 3 basic
building blocks for creating, payments, crowd funding and most other kinds
of applications.

We have not been good enough outside the mailing list to describe some of
these recipes. So we have started to build a list of these:

  http://www.opentransact.org/recipes/

None of these come on their own though. OpenTransact is an attempt at
creating an Internet standard in the traditions of the internet.

We do not aim to redefine things that work well.

So. We build on HTTP, OAuth and TLS. We aim to create recipes for
integrating it with OpenID connect to handle some important areas such as
account interoperability, discovery etc.

These are all great initiatives and allows OpenTransact to focus on it's
part without trying to reinvent:

- Delegated authentication
- Encryption
- PKI

Which are all things PaySwarm have reinvented unnecessarily.

The listing part is interesting as I have said repeatedly and I think it
would form a great part of an associated standard that would work well
together with OpenTransact.