Re: Agenda: Web Payments Telecon - Friday, February 10th, 2012

On 12 February 2012 07:11, David Nicol <davidnicol@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 10:55 PM, David Nicol <davidnicol@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The wire-level format for data transmitted within Payswarm is JSON
>> (Javascript Object Notation.) Invariant key/value pairs and key names have
>> been selected to conform with JSON-LD, and a schema document parseable with
>> JSON-LD tools has been registered with purl.org.
>
> Melvin Carvalho has proposed that the word meaning "within the context of
> this protocol, these strings are always present, like this, exactly" might
> be changed from "invariant" to either "universal" or "uniform."

On reviewing the normative document on Web Architecture

http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/

I think perhaps the best language to use is in section 2.1 "Benefits
of Using URIs" [in this case as keys]

"The choice of syntax for global identifiers is somewhat arbitrary; it
is their global scope that is important."

So what we would like to convey in the sentence is that the keys have
global scope.

The web arch document goes into great detail about the advantages of
this, and how it lead to the WWW.  One immediate advantage I can see
is to make the key terms non colliding between different systems and
another is that they can be (and in this case are) self documenting.