Re: Agenda: Web Payments Telecon - Friday, February 10th, 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>wrote:

> The PaySwarm spec has been split into three separate documents[1].

Well done! It is much clearer now.

I have noticed that the paragraph introducing JSON-LD is the same as the
introductory paragraph at json-ld.org.
3.2 JavaScript Object Notation for Linking Data

JavaScript Object Notation for Linking Data
[JSON-LD<http://payswarm.com/specs/ED/web-commerce/2012-01-30/#bib-JSON-LD>]
is a lightweight Linked Data format. It is easy for humans to read and
write. It is easy for machines to parse and generate. It is based on the
already successful JSON format and provides a way to help JSON data
interoperate at Web-scale. If you are already familiar with JSON, writing
JSON-LD is very easy. There is a smooth migration path from the JSON you
use today, to the JSON-LD you will use in the future. These properties make
JSON-LD an ideal Linked Data interchange language for JavaScript
environments, Web services, and JSON document-based databases.

Aside from pointing out that data have no agency and thus cannot accept
help, I don't want to criticize this paragraph in this forum, but instead
offer a full replacement, as follows:

The wire-level format for data transmitted within Payswarm is JSON
(Javascript Object Notation.) Invariant key/value pairs and key names have
been selected to conform with JSON-LD, and a schema document parseable with
JSON-LD tools has been registered with purl.org.