Re: New specs: Web Payments, Web Commerce and Payment Intents

On 01/31/12 06:58, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>> Web Payments 1.0 ----------------
>>
>> The base layer of the PaySwarm architecture; enables the creation
>> of a monetary transaction between two participants on the Web. This
>> specification also details data portability and decentralized
>> settlement for payments.
>>
>> http://payswarm.com/specs/ED/web-payments/2012-01-30/
>
> The context seems to be a 404
>
> http://purl.org/payswarm/v1

That document didn't exist yet because we don't quite know everything
that should go in there. I have created a placeholder document, so that
the URL will at least resolve now.

We're a bit torn about using purl.org now that we've found out that it
doesn't support CORS headers correctly. That is, the 302 re-direct will
work just fine. However, attempting to access the document via CORS will
fail, which is not good for browser-based implementations of PaySwarm.
Hopefully, purl.org will support CORS soon, but if they don't - we'll
have to switch to somebody that does. I don't think we should link
directly to the payswarm.com site as we may decide to host the documents
at W3C eventually.

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Web Payments - PaySwarm vs. OpenTransact Shootout
http://manu.sporny.org/2011/web-payments-comparison/