Re: What’s Wrong with the Current Monetary System

On 31 December 2012 11:18, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>wrote:

> Excerpts from Melvin Carvalho's message of 2012-12-30 17:36:56 +0000:
> > Quite a provocative post, not sure I agree with every point, but there's
> > certainly some valuable issues highlighted, that web technology could
> help
> > fix
> >

> http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/whats-wrong-with-the-current-monetary-system/2012/12/29
> similar post
> http://ouishare.net/2012/08/things-you-should-know-about-money/
> could find tons of other similar ones but maybe no need to put the boot in
> ;)
>
> could you elaborate on which issues you see web technology might possibly
> address?

I think the ideal, would be that the web works in partnership with
financial services, and policy makers, to empower communities and
individuals, to allocate capital in a more transparent, democratic and cost
effective manner.  This will hopefully lead to greater stability and
prosperity, especially for the most vulnerable people in society, who many
not otherwise have been included.