Re: First Draft of Payment Links spec published

Great work Manu thanks for taking the initiative here.

A couple of comments.

The Currency section:

The monetary medium of exchange associated with the
amount<http://payswarm.com/specs/ED/payment-links/2011-10-08/#dfn-amount>.
This value *should* be either an ISO 4217 3 letter currency code, such as
USD, or an IRI pointing to a human and machine-readable description of the
currency, such as http://purl.org/currencies/bitcoin. If the currency is
left out it is assumed that the the base URI of the payment link itself
indicates the currency.

The reason for this being is that the URI is that I would like to encourage
the use of the payment url itself as being the currency descriptor.

The other area is the term "asset". It is a term that means a lot in the
world of banking, accounting etc. A currency itself is an asset. So I think
it would cause confusion to use this term. I have previously used the term
"counter asset" which I don't really like myself. One thing I was thinking
is that the term 'ref' is often used in existing payment systems to
reference whatever the payment is. Again I don't really like it much myself.
But it might be more general purpose. Has anyone else got any ideas?

It would be great to reuse this terminology all the way up through the
payment stack, which is why I think its important to get right.

--
http://picomoney.com - Like money, just smaller
http://stakeventures.com - My blog about startups and agile banking