Re: Contributor License Agreement (was: Unofficial Draft 25 October - comments)

From: Steven Rowat <steven_rowat@sunshine.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 18:09:36 -0700
To: public-webpayments@w3.org
On 10/31/11 4:15 PM, Renato Iannella wrote:
> On 1 Nov 2011, at 00:51, Manu Sporny wrote:
>
>> Hmm... good point. It had been something that we were just
>> publishing as a company before, but since there is a CG now, the
>> copyright might need to be W3C? Alternatively, we could probably
>> place it under CC-BY-SA (I think that would be my preference).
>
> See: http://www.w3.org/community/about/agreements/cla/

Thanks Renato, that's interesting. Apparently this quite complex
document already applies to contributors and contributions.

But I'd like to clarify who is a contributor or what documents it
already applies to.

Does anyone know if the above CLA already applies (or doesn't) to:

a) documents like the one we have been discussing, which is not hosted
at W3C but nominally carries work of people who are members of a W3C
Community group:
http://payswarm.com/specs/ED/use-cases/2011-10-25/

b) postings on the W3C public lists by people who have not formally
joined a Community group (e.g., this post you're reading by me).

Steven Rowat