Re: Currency Mints (Re: The UN Millenium declaration)

On 12/05/2011 08:53 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> On 5 December 2011 05:31, Manu Sporny<msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
> wrote:
>> The idea here is that the PaySwarm system should allow anybody to
>> create an alternative currency with very little effort. Even if it
>> is a currency that you plan to exchange with only a few people.
>> Currencies would be identified by URLs and would be added to the
>> "currency" field in all transactions. For example, here is a
>> currency used in a transaction that expresses "hours of labor":
>
> +1 to mints and currency as a URI
>
> Are you going to have 3 letter ISO codes as well?

Yes... thanks to our data model we can express currencies as 3-letter
ISO codes /or/ IRIs. Basically, any currency that has an ISO-4217 code
should use it, otherwise - use a dereference-able IRI. See the
"currency" vocabulary term for more info:

http://purl.org/commerce#currency

> I'm thinking about aligning our IOU vocab with the drupal LETS work
> by matthew slater:
>
> payer (URI) payee (URI) currency (URI) quantity float createdtime
> description state
>
> thoughts?

Looks very close to the concept of a Transfer (and how it is expressed)
in PaySwarm:

http://purl.org/commerce#Transfer

You may also want to look at the Transaction concept:

http://purl.org/commerce#Transaction

The vocabulary mapping from LETs to PaySwarm is:

payer       -> com:source
payee       -> com:destination
currency    -> com:currency
quantity    -> com:amount
createdtime -> com:date (we may end up using dc:created)
description -> rdfs:comment
state       -> NO MAPPING

blog: The Need for Data-Driven Standards
http://manu.sporny.org/2011/data-driven-standards/