Re: The UN Millenium declaration

On 12/2/11 4:44 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> The UN Millenium declaration urges all governments
>
> To make serious commitments to restructure the global financial
> architecture based on principles of equity, transparency,
> accountability and democracy, and to balance, with the participation
> of civil society organizations, the monetary means to favour human
> endeavour and ecology, such as an alternative time-based currency.

Interesting if true, but in looking through the declaration at:

http://www.un.org/millennium/declaration/ares552e.htm

I can't find all the elements of your statement. Specifically I can't
find the commitment to 'restructure' or to 'alternative time-based
currency'. Perhaps I'm missing it, or perhaps there was another
version released at a different time?

In that version, the word 'currency' does not appear to exist, nor
does 'time-based', nor does, 'restructure'.

I've also had a quick scan down the current UN goals website, but
can't see any reference to this financial restructuring:

http://www.un.org/millenniumgoals/

If you feel you are accurately paraphrasing some section, or a
different version than the above, could you point out which?

Thanks

Steven Rowat