Re: Interesting article on Des Moines-based startup

On 11/11/2011 06:22 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> I hope this means that there is a shift aways from centralization and
> bureaucracy towards decentralization and frictionless payments.

Something else that is tangentially related...

The crowd-funding bill in the US looks like it's going to happen:

http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2011/11/scott-brown-next-steve-jobs/

This is definitely something that PaySwarm could cater to since a solid
digital contract technology (which PaySwarm has) would ease the burden
of proof for investors claiming to have have shares in a company
(without requiring a middle-man to assert the claim of shares).

In other words, a company offers shares in their enterprise and sells
those shares directly from their website using /any/ PaySwarm Authority.
A PaySwarm digital contract notes the number of shares sold, the amount
paid for the shares, and the terms of the sale of the shares (repayment,
resale, etc.)

The only people involved in the transaction are: The micro-investor, the
PaySwarm Authority, and the start-up.

It would probably be a good idea to make this one of the PaySwarm demos.

blog: The Need for Data-Driven Standards
http://manu.sporny.org/2011/data-driven-standards/