From: Manu Sporny [mailto:msporny@digitalbazaar.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2017 8:31 PM
To: Joseph Potvin; Dave Raggett; David Ezell
Cc: Web Payments IG
Subject: [External] Re: Types of Digital Receipts

On 02/12/2017 01:15 PM, Joseph Potvin wrote:
> Is there a reason to not make use of the UBL ontology?
> https://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.1/UBL-2.1.html (Also now
> available in JSON.
> <https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201701/msg00020.html>)

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL-2.1-JSON/v1.0/cnprd01/UBL-2.1-JSON-v1.0-cnprd01.html#S-UBL-INVOICE-2.1-EXAMPLE-TRIVIAL.JSON

Some high level thoughts:

* Yes, /some/ part of UBL might be useful (but it's huge!)
* Ferreting out the overlap between GS1, UBL, ARTS, is going to be
  difficult and challenging.
* The UBL JSON mapping doesn't seem like it's standards track (it says
  so on the side of that document)
* It's not clear who has implemented the JSON stuff, or UBL? How wide
  are the deployments?

BTW, Joseph, did you see my email to the Credentials CG / VCTF wrt.
UNCITRAL? Looks like we're aligned w/ their most recent findings wrt.
Identity Management.

-- manu

--
Manu Sporny (skype: msporny, twitter: manusporny, G+: +Manu Sporny) Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Rebalancing How the Web is Built

This e-mail message, including attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or proprietary information.  If you are not the intended recipient, immediately contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.