Re: Verifiable Claims WG Proposal progresses to next stage

04.10.2016, 15:18, "Wendy Seltzer" <wseltzer@w3.org>:
> On 10/03/2016 05:14 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:

>>  We have three people that have volunteered to be Chairs for the work -
>>  Richard Varn from ETS, Matt Stone from Pearson, and Dan Burnett as an IE
>>  (who most recently was spec editor for WebRTC at W3C).
>>

> Thanks, W3C team (likely me) should chat with these potential chairs. If
> we hear other interest in leading the work, we'd talk with those people
> as well. We want to find a chairing team who can work together
> effectively and find consensus among the work's stakeholders. Based on
> experience, I've found it more effective to have two co-chairs, unless
> there's a clear division of roles that warrants more.

Having seen a lot of groups, I think two is a good number - and that it is important one of them actually knows W3C Process reasonably well, as well as being able to get the group to develop a real consensus, as Wendy says. (I mean actually knows the process from reading it and following it, rather than making it up on the fly based on what it could say :) ).

Although having a very active skilled Team Contact can fulfil that role too. But you can't have mine!!

cheers