Re: Request for terminology input - consumer/inspector/TBD Credential

I'm happy to be the champion for the term "acceptor" if it helps. I'm not on the list yet (and won't have time to join until  next week), but please pass this on for me.

=Drummond

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 8:21 PM, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com <mailto:msporny@digitalbazaar.com>> wrote:
On 06/08/2016 11:13 AM, Steven Rowat wrote:
> On 6/7/16 8:00 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:
>> 1. If you propose something, make sure that you're the champion
>> for that term. Don't suggest something that you wouldn't want as
>> the #1 pick.

I'm forwarding a comment Drummond mentioned as a side-bar during a
conversation to the list to make sure it gets a fair shake during the vote.

Drummond Reed wrote:

The term we've been using for relying parties isn't "consumer" or
"inspector" but "acceptor" for three reasons:

* It's a single word (like "issuer" and "holder").
* It pairs nicely with "issuer".
* It's a simple word that everyone understands and shouldn't be
  confused with any other industry terms (that I know of).

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
JSON-LD Best Practice: Context Caching
https://manu.sporny.org/2016/json-ld-context-caching/ <https://manu.sporny.org/2016/json-ld-context-caching/>