Re: No Web Payments IG meeting 16 November

On 11/13/2015 05:18 PM, Ian Jacobs wrote:
> It does not seem to me we need a call on Monday. All this can go into
> the proposal:
> https://www.w3.org/Payments/IG/wiki/Main_Page/ProposalsQ42015/Credentials

Looks like I'm not being clear. Let me try again:

There is currently no workable proposal based on feedback from W3C and
the Credentials CG. The proposed paths forward are in direct conflict
with each other.

So, there is nothing to talk about on November 23rd unless we come to a
compromise. I don't want to try to come up with that compromise on
November 23rd as it delays the discussion more than necessary. We have
the information we need to have the discussion on Monday:

https://www.w3.org/Payments/IG/wiki/Main_Page/ProposalsQ42015/VerifiableClaimsTaskForce

At a minimum, we need the W3C staff contact (you), the Chairs, and other
concerned parties on the call to make sure that there is agreement on a
compromise path forward before sending it back to the WPIG on the 23rd.

In an attempt to be even more clear:

* You've asserted that a new Community Group is the best path forward.
* The Credentials CG has rejected that path citing various
  concerns (re-creating what we already have in the CG, presumption of
  non-neutrality, increased workload, delays, etc.)
* The WPIG seems indifferent on the path, as long as the work gets done.

So, we need to see if you (and the people you are channeling) are okay
with the proposal above before we raise it with the WPIG because it
doesn't do anyone any good if we propose something that's just going to
be immediately vetoed.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Web Payments: The Architect, the Sage, and the Moral Voice
https://manu.sporny.org/2015/payments-collaboration/