Re: [payment agent] Payment architecture feature priorities

I know the idea of URL protocol handlers has been frowned upon in the past
but I maintain they may have great utility in solving this problem.

Today, many native apps are launched from the Web context in this way by
registering a proprietary URL protocol with the browser/OS.

Where more than one native app has registered itself for the same protocol
or action the user is presented with a choice of app to use to perform the
action they have initiated.

If we can standardise a payment URL protocol that is intended to initiate
payment handling then we potentially solve the issue.
The transition from Web context to native wallet is done via a URL which:

   1. Prompts the user to choose which native wallet to use
   2. Passes the wallet context from the Web in the form of a URL that
   should:
      1. Point to some linked-data document which current transaction