Re: Web Payments IG documents

> On May 1, 2015, at 3:01 PM, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:
>
> On 05/01/2015 03:15 PM, Ian Jacobs wrote:
>> Bummer. That’s what this page was for:
>> https://www.w3.org/Payments/IG/wiki/Communications_Strategy_Task_Force/Doc_Relations
>
> I should've been more specific. I was having a hard time mapping that
> page to the discussions we were having on the calls and was starting to
> feel enough cognitive dissonance that I felt like the URL above no
> longer entirely reflected what we were working on.

Ah, that may be true. (I’ve kept it up-to-date somewhat but things are evolving rapidly).

> I didn't know if that
> was just me or other folks in the group felt the same way (which is why
> I didn't update the page).

I urge you to feel free to update the page!

> Wherever this conversation goes, we should update the page above as a
> result of this discussion (maybe merging the diagram in).

+1

> I'm also a
> visual person, so I was having a hard time figuring out what order
> people would read these documents in, what their relationship was, and
> which group each document targeted by just looking at the page. I feel
> like I have a better idea of that now, but maybe that's just because I'm
> the one that went through the exercise.

Diagrams++

But I think the text description of relationships is also useful.

> For example, here are the things that I think have changed in the past
> several weeks.
>
> * The Architectural Vision document has been split into two - with a
> vision document and a Technical Architecture document taking its place.
> * The Requirements document may be a requirements, features and
> priorities document now?
> * There may be multiple executive summary documents now?
> * We may not be doing a roadmap document now?
> * The executive summaries seem central to what we're trying to do?
> * We're narrowing the focus of each document to more directly target
> stakeholders and not just "payment professionals" and "developers”.

I can take a pass at updating the doc relations wiki…but probably not for several
days. Feel free to do so as well.

Ian

> -- manu
>
> --
> Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
> blog: High-Stakes Credentials and Web Login
> http://manu.sporny.org/2014/identity-credentials/

Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447