From: Ian Jacobs [mailto:ij@w3.org]
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2015 6:26 PM
To: Manu Sporny
Cc: Web Payments IG
Subject: [use_cases] Some edits today

Hi Manu,

After discussion with you I made the following edits to the Use Cases doc and propagated them to the site:

 * Section 6 now titled “Use cases”
 * Given the presence of a “Refunds” use case, I have augmented Phase 4 to include “Reversals.”  This led to a number
    of changes:

    - Removal of text in 3 that said “We are not going to include refunds as a use case"
    - Addition of Reversals to 3.4. Please review the text I added.
    - Addition of Reversals in other titles in the document that previously just said "Delivery of Product/Receipt” (4.4., 6.4, 7.2, 7.5)
    - Created new section 6.4.3 for Reversals with the Refunds use case. Added an issue about whether to include a scenario
      where the payment scheme of the refund is different than that of the original payment.

Also, I noticed that we should review how the terms payment, transaction, and purchase are used in the document. Are we using them consistently? Do we need to define “Payment” in the glossary?

Thanks!

Ian

[1] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webpayments/raw-file/default/latest/use-cases/index.html

Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447

This electronic message, including attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or company named above or to which it is addressed. The information contained in this message shall be considered confidential and proprietary, and may include confidential work product. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and deleting this email immediately.