Re: need reason description for exclusion of UseCase v1

There is an essential pre-payment step and that is the registration, by the
payer, of the payment schemes and instruments they would like to use. I
don't believe, within the v1 scope, that we will be able to recommend a
process of finding the intersection of payee and payer schemes and
instruments that involves "discovery" in the true sense of the word. i.e.
To be "discovered" a scheme or instrument must have been registered
explicitly by the user.

We will describe a best practice algorithm for finding this intersection
(possibly incorporating user preferences for priority and defaults). The
algorithm MUST not prevent any scheme from being available as a candidate
for registration AND for this matching/discovery process. i.e. It shouldn't
be possible for the browser (or any other component that executes this
discovery process) to exclude schemes or instruments on the basis of
anything but technical incompatibility.

Following registration I see the flow as being initiated by the
presentation of a payment request by the payee (via their Web site or
application) to the payer (via a browser API or other non-browser
interface).

The flow concludes with the both the payer and payee receiving a proof of
payment.

I am working to refine it but this is all already defined in the draft
charter:
https://www.w3.org/Payments/IG/wiki/Roadmap/PaymentArchitectureWG