Re: need reason description for exclusion of UseCase v1

On 06/23/2015 07:49 PM, Mountie Lee wrote:
> the first image for "Discovery" was wallet (or payment agent) will
> discover the available schemes and instruments. but in the
> definition of Discovery of User Cases
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-web-payments-use-cases-20150416/#selection-of-payment-instruments)
>
> describing discovery across the multiple digital wallets (on mobile
> phone, in the cloud and on smart watch).
>
> with this understanding, the wallet will discover available schemes
> and instruments across the multiple digital wallets.

It's more accurate to say something like this:

The "payment instrument discovery agent" will eventually discover
available payment instruments across multiple local and cloud-based
payment services.

> but it is not possible with current web technologies.

We have a prototype in the Credentials CG, built on current Web
technologies, that makes discovery across multiple local and cloud-based
payment service providers possible.

> that is the reason I asked "who discover".

It's the job of the "payment instrument discovery agent". I'm putting
that term in quotes because we have never used it before, it's unwieldy,
and I'm only using it because the term "wallet" doesn't give us the type
of granularity we need to have this discussion.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Web Payments: The Architect, the Sage, and the Moral Voice
https://manu.sporny.org/2015/payments-collaboration/