Re: A (controversial) proposal for what should be in/out of scope

Thanks Evan,

> On Jun 17, 2015, at 10:45 , Evan Schwartz <evan@ripple.com> wrote:
>
> Arguably, the W3C should only focus on standards that increase interoperability between systems that need to communicate.

I think it’s great (and important) to understand the landscape, but I agree, focusing on (a) the interfaces (b) that are important and (c) related to the world-wide web (and hence this consortium), is important.

Isn’t the “high nail” here enabling a merchant to collect an e-payment from a consumer? What is the simplest set of markup, APIs, protocols etc. needed to make that happen?

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.