Re: Multiple Wallets

> I believe followings are existing multiple wallet services
> ApplePay, SamsungPay, Google Wallet, PayPal, Alipay, Bitcoin Wallet...

Why do you say these are multiple wallet services? I would call each of
those "wallet services" with support for multiple payment instruments.
Perhaps we are just mis-aligned on terminology?

> Payment Scheme is group of payment instruments like Credit Card(choice of
> card brands), Cash with Escrow(choice of banks), Cryptocurrecy Payment...

+1 but it can also be more granular. A merchant could accept only VISA and
MasterCard (not Amex, UnionPay etc) so she can't say that she supports the
"Credit Card Scheme" right?

We will need to figure out the best way to group instruments (the most
granular element) and how to define a scheme but that isn't necessary for
the charter I don't think.

> card payment will be available via multiple wallet services.

+1 I could have an ApplePay wallet on my iPhone with some cards (payment
instruments) loaded into it and also have the PayPal app with some other
cards loaded into it.

> if all those wallet services keep standard interface,
> how payee recommend to payer using which wallet service?

The payee doesn't recommend a wallet they just provide a list of supported
instrument types (maybe schemes?)

> how payer discover multiple wallet services?

The payer has a primary wallet which the browser passes the payment
initiation request (containing the list of supported instruments) to. This
primary wallet performs the discovery by looking at it's own list of
registered instruments and also passing the same payment initiation request
onto other wallets it has been linked to by the payer.

It ends up with a list which it compares to the supported list (from the
payee) and prompts the user to select from the final list of available and
supported instruments.

> still it is not easy to image the whole process.

I agree. This is because theoretically it could be "wallets all the way
down" (the primary wallet links to a wallet which links to a wallet
which...) but in practice that's not likely. User's will have a primary
wallet that supports the majority of their payment instruments and then
some users will have additional wallets for obscure instruments not
supported by the primary wallet.

This is necessary because:

   1. We need a single primary wallet service to be the orchestrator of the
   discovery process, otherwise we have to build this into every UA or into
   some external service that the world must trust to perform this function.
   Instead we propose to publish a best practice discovery algorithm and let
   wallets compete as to who is best at giving users the best experience when
   performing discovery.
   2. We need wallets to be able to call out to other wallets during
   discovery so that we don't create an environment where users choice is
   limited. If I choose one wallet because it supports 90% of my payment
   instruments and has a great UX but it doesn't support another payment
   instrument that I want to use then I am stuck.