Re: Executive summary / Group goals

On 02/26/2015 10:28 AM, Dave Longley wrote:
>> Enables payers to understand the details of a payment, especially
>> the associated costs and fees.
>
> I think we also want machines to be able to understand the details
> of the payment. This would allow better automated selection of
> payment schemes/instruments, more intelligent
> auto-purchase/negotiation applications, etc.

This item sort of speaks to that:

"Possibility of delegation to an 'agent' (device, automated process, etc)."

... but we should probably be more clear about it.

Extensibility w/o coordination should also be a design goal. We can't
standardize the information the pharmaceutical industry needs for
business to business payments, they should be in charge of figuring out
how to express that information in an invoice or receipt. We need to
make sure we provide good extensibility hooks for them.

Maybe we need three new items (or modify the existing items):

* Enable payers to understand the details of a payment, especially the
associated costs and fees.

* Enable machines to fully automate the payment process.

* Provide solid extensibility mechanisms so that industry verticals can
customize the payment process and information exchanged to meet their
particular needs.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.