Re: Multiple Wallets

> On Aug 3, 2015, at 9:03 , Joseph Potvin <jpotvin@opman.ca> wrote:
>
> The word "wallet" appears 30 times in the current charter. The definition given is: "digital wallet: A wallet is a container for payment instruments that affords access to them. A digital wallet holds digital payment instruments."   ...but "payment instruments" is not defined.

defined as a sub-part of the term “digital payment instrument”: "A payment instrument is an account, token or other means of conducting a transaction according to a payment scheme. “

(e.g. a specific credit card, a $100 banknote, a specific bitcoin account, and so on). That means that a digital payment instrument can now be defined as the subset of payment instruments  that can be used digitally.

Overall, I think *for the focused work of the working group” the definitions and terms used here are precise enough to avoid confusion over the scope, while not so tight as to overly constrain the working group as it actually does the work (we don’t want to do the design in the charter).

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.