Re: Multiple Wallets

On 08/03/2015 08:27 AM, Joerg.Heuer@telekom.de wrote:
> If that’s what was intended anyway, I’m happy with it. Perhaps I’m
> too implementation-oriented to find my way through generic sentences
> like those you referred to. ;-)

You're not the only one Joerg.

Joseph, the definitions you mentioned are very carefully crafted to be
generic and aligned w/ UNCITRAL. They are very lawyerly definitions, and
thus, are difficult to comprehend for our audience who tend to not be
lawyers.

I posit that any definition that needs explanation is a bad definition.
That what you meant by the definitions you proposed only really made
sense to me after I read the whole thread probably means that they need
some work.

I'm not asserting that the definition of wallet that we have is perfect
either, but I do think it's a bit better.

As an aside, this whole multi-month long discussion around answering the
question around "what is a wallet?" is exactly why I wanted to try and
avoid this terminology. Maybe discussing it is inevitable, but I feel
like we're going to keep going around in circles like this for the
lifetime of the the IG and the WG. I'm sure we'll settle on a definition
for "wallet" in a few months, but at a non-trivial cost in time and effort.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Web Payments: The Architect, the Sage, and the Moral Voice
https://manu.sporny.org/2015/payments-collaboration/