Re: Discussion - Payment APIs: others are thinking about this problem space, too

On 11/17/2014 12:21 PM, David Ezell wrote:
> So all I meant was we could create a JSON or XML RESTful API to do
> payment agent functions, but it's a little convoluted to try to make
> those calls locally on the terminal.  Not impossible (I've done it
> myself in the past) but I'm not sure it's the most direct solution.

Just to be clear, what I was proposing was that the REST APIs would
exist out there on the Web and the payment terminal would make calls to
it via standard HTTP GET/POST calls. I wasn't proposing that the REST
API would exist on the payment terminal.

My impression was that REST APIs would be best spec'd for cloud wallets,
payment processors, banks, financial institutions, merchant websites,
etc. The payment agent (via some WebIDL calls, perhaps) would then
interact w/ those remote REST APIs to perform transactions.

Again, this is just one way of going at the problem. I'm just trying to
clarify where I think the REST APIs would be best suited.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.