Re: Voluntary (and non-) Standards (was: Support for Verifiable Claims)

What I am still waiting for is a citation (or anything more than anecdotal
evidence) for the following statement which seems to be the crux of all
arguments I have heard against this work to date:

"long experience has shown in W3C that "if we standardize it, they will
come as needed" is a generally false assertion."