RE: Modeling question

At 9:28 +0900 2/21/04, Minsu Jang wrote:
>Hi,
>
>In the section 1.3 of OWL Overview[1], there's a paragraph stating that
>if you want to attach properties to classes, you need OWL Full.
>
>Hope this helps,
>Minsu
>
>[1] OWL Overview
>(http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-owl-features-20040210/)

Gentleman - forgive my not answering sooner - this mailing list is
primarily for questions about the OWL documents, and since they're
now at Recomendation, I don't check too often.   The mailing list
www-rdf-logic@w3.org is an active place to have such discussions.
  As far as the specific question goes, the answer above is not quite
right -- it depends on what you want to have as the meaning of the
"refersto" -- first, it could be a normal property and asserted just
fine -- i.e. I might want to have the subclasses referTo everything
in their superclass hierarchy.   Second, it could be used as an
annotation property - allowing it to be asserted on a class even in
OWL Light.  If it is meant to be a use of a class as an instance,
then it would be in OWL Full
  anyway, for details see the OWL reference document, and please feel
free to ask follow up questions on the rdf-logic mailing list, which
has many more readers than this one does.
  -Jim Hendler

--
Professor James Hendler			  http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler
Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  240-277-3388 (Cell)