SIGODIS Invitation - apologies for cross posting

From: Erin L. Cody <erincody@buffalo.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 23:38:19 -0400
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, Motik@fzi.de, public-swbp-wg@w3.org, public-webont-comments@w3.org

Greetings. We are writing to invite you to join as a member of a new
Special Interest Group of the Association for Information Systems
(AIS) on the theme “Ontology-driven Information Systems” (SIG-ODIS)
that is taking strong roots in our IS community.

The mission of SIG-ODIS is to create an awareness and research thrust
in the area of computational ontologies in the IS discipline. Towards
this end, SIG-ODIS will:

o	Provide a forum for collaboration and exchange in the theory
and practice of computational ontologies strive to build bridges
between the IS discipline and other information-related disciplines,
such as computer science, information science, philosophy,
linguistics, etc., that pursue research in the broad area of
computational ontologies

o	Aim to develop awareness and foster research about the role
and impacts of computational ontologies on the design, development,
and management of business information systems

o	Aim to advance scientific research in specific application
areas that can benefit from ontology-based techniques, such as
integrative business systems, supply chains, semantic webs,
bioinformatics database integration, medical information systems, etc.

More details about this SIG are available on the SIG-ODIS website at
http://aps.cabit.wpcarey.asu.edu/sigodis/.

Further, a business meeting of SIG-ODIS is planned to be held on
Friday, August 6 from 6:30 PM at Room Soho (7th floor - Marriott)
during the AMCIS 2004 conference in New York and we would like to also
invite you to attend this business meeting. More details about AMCIS
2004 can be found at: http://howe.stevens.edu/amcis2004/

We look forward to your joining SIG-ODIS and to meeting with you at
the SIG-ODIS business meeting. If you have any questions, please feel
free to contact us at sigodis@asu.edu.

Best regards.

Rajiv Kishore, Ram Ramesh, Raj Sharman, Raghu Santanam, Ajay Vinze,
and Hong Zhang
SIG-ODIS Executive Board