An inconsistency in OWL XML Presentation Syntax?

From: Boris Motik <Motik@fzi.de>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:39:41 +0200
To: <public-webont-comments@w3.org>

Hello,

I'm just trying to implement a parser/serializer for OWL XML Presentation
Syntax, and have come across something which seems like an inconsistency in
the syntax definition.

The problem is in DataRestriction/hasValue element, which, according to the
standard, should have xsd:anySimpleType content. However, in all other
elements which contain a constant, such as OneOf [data], or
DataPropertyValue, a constant is wrapped in a DataValue element.

I believe that this really is an inconsistency, since DataValue allows
including the 'datatype' attribute to specify the type of a constant. This
attribute is not allowed on DataRestriction/hasValue, so it becomes
impossible to specify the datatype of the constant embedded in the hasValue
element.

To make that syntax unified in all cases, I'd suggest changing the content
of the DataRestriction/hasValue element to be a DataValue element.

Sincerely yours,

	Boris Motik