"Transitive over" properties

From: Mikhail Khlopotov <mik@chel.com.ru>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 17:56:21 +0500
To: public-webont-comments@w3.org

Hello!

I'm trying to use OWL in my research, in which I need a way to represent
constraints on a semantic network, and while studying OWL and analyzing
it's completeness, I found no direct way to express "transitive over"
properties, I mean properties, which are not transitive by themselves,
but are transitive over another property.
For example "worksFor" may be considered transitive over "consistsOf",
if we have a company consisting of departments.

Are there any ways in current OWL to express such a relations? I
suppose, they're vital for part-whole relationship.

Hope, this message is clear to understand ;-)

Sincerely, Mikhail Khlopotov
South Ural State University, Russia.