Re: NEWBIE: Property restriction semantics

From: "Dimitrios A. Koutsomitropoulos" <kotsomit@hpclab.ceid.upatras.gr>
Subject: RE: NEWBIE: Property restriction semantics
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 19:27:09 +0200

> Thanks indeed! It seems more clear now. However...

Well, you are now going beyond the logic.  As far as the logic is concerned

	Brian in hasGrade:Failed

is how you say that Brian's grade is Failed so there is no distinction
that can be made in the logic.

> For example, Racer does not seem to infer this...

Perhaps RACER makes a distinction between actual fillers and inferred
concept membership.  This is not sanctioned by the logic, so RACER is on
its own here.