From: Deborah L. McGuinness [mailto:dlm@ksl.Stanford.EDU]
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 10:44 PM
To: Deborah L. McGuinness
Cc: Dan Connolly; public-webont-comments@w3.org; Stu Weibel
Subject: Re: OWL overview printing trouble [Fwd: RE: printing of referenced
doc]

ps.  i checked the guide just to see if it had the same problem and it does.

if you look at the guide, reference and semantics cross reference table, it
has the identical problem with the third column getting cut off with
printing..

thus if someone is doing the table update to the overview, the same solution
might be used on the guide tables as well.

it looks like appendix A of the reference has the identical problem as well.

so - it looks like a pass over all of the documents for table displays is in
order.

Deborah

Deborah L. McGuinness wrote:

sorry i missed this message.
i had not tried printing for a long time but just did and did notice the
printing problem when i printed.
interestingly the one at:
http://www.ksl.stanford.edu/people/dlm/webont/OWLOverview.htm
<http://www.ksl.stanford.edu/people/dlm/webont/OWLOverview.htm>   (which was
what sandro started with)
had less of a printing problem than the one at the official place:
http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-features/ <http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-features/>
so something about the finalization seems at least on my printer using ie
6.0 on a windows xp machine.

there was a request for an update from the last version since in some
browser the previous middle column was overlapping with the previous third
column.

it is fine with me if someone who knows table nuances for many browsers
wants to put it in another format to eliminate the printing problems.
one simple solution may just be to have no more than 2 columns anywhere so
as to minimize problems.

deborah

Dan Connolly wrote:

Deb, have you tried printing it lately? I have not.

  _____

RE: printing of referenced doc