Re: Jena2 OWL semantic tests - preliminary results

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:57:22 -0400
To: Dave Reynolds <der@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: public-webont-comments@w3.org, jena-devel <jena-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>

>    http://jena.sourceforge.net/data/owl-results.rdf

http://www.w3.org/2003/08/owl-systems/test-results-out has been
republished to include this.

> The negative entailment tests are reported as passing in the weak sense that
> we
> do not find the entailment. These should probably be reported as incomplete
> rather than pass.

They should indeed; will you please change this?

As I understand it, passing a N.E.T. means proving that the entailment
does not hold in the given logic (DL, Full, Lite).  Calling it
incomplete at least says it's not a "Fail", and the output link can
give details about how thorough the search for a decision was (even
though finding one would have indicated a failure).  Or you can just
skip them, since you know it'll never pass.

      -- sandro