Re: Using OWL

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 08:23:25 -0400
To: "Illarramendi Echave. Arantxa" <jipileca@si.ehu.es>, public-webont-comments@w3.org
Cc: Frank.van.Harmelen@cs.vu.nl

At 10:55 AM +0200 9/19/03, Illarramendi Echave. Arantxa wrote:
>We have used OWL to write OperOnt ontology.
>(http://siul02.si.ehu.es/Aingeru/OperOnt.owl)
>
>  OperOnt is an ontology created in the context of the AINGERU system to
>describe its operational model. That is, OperOnt describes concepts that
>allow the interoperation of actors at a semantic level without
>pre-establishing specific protocols. The ontology includes descriptions of
>classes, properties and axioms involving actors, messages for the
>communication among actors, and subjects of the messages. The descriptions
>are presented in three groups. First, descriptions of classes which in
>turn are divided in three areas: actors, messages and subjects. Second,
>descriptions of properties that shape individuals in the classes. Third,
>axioms specifying some constraints and rules.
>

>Regards,
>
>Jesus Bermudez (jipbeanj@si.ehu.es)
>Arantza Illarramendi (jipileca@si.ehu.es)

thanks much for letting us know - looks like a nice use of OWL, and I
was pleased to see your ontology makes good use of some of OWL's
modeling features.
  -Jim H.

Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  *** 240-277-3388 (Cell)
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler      *** NOTE CHANGED CELL NUMBER ***