Chair's Challenge -- Web Ontology Working Group

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 10:49:04 -0400
To: public-webont-comments@w3.org

To all OWL implementors, computational logicians, RDF hackers and
others who may be interested:

  The Web Ontology Working Group (WOWG) call for implementations is
going quite well - in fact, only two of our approved tests currently
remain "unconquered" - these are

This message is a request to all implementors to ask you to
prioritize these two tests and work towards their solution.

To make this more fun, I hereby offer the first group that passes
each of these tests the coveted OWL.OWL award -- the WOWG chairs'
award for service "above and beyond the call of duty" in helping OWL
to advance to eventual recommendation status.
  -Jim Hendler

Note: The first OWL.OWL prize, consiting of a prestigious "WOWG
stuffed OWL," was awarded to Frank van Harmelen at the October 2002
Face to Face for his work in brokering the "Semantic Compromise" at
an earlier meeting.

Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  *** 240-277-3388 (Cell)
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler      *** NOTE CHANGED CELL NUMBER ***