Re: Weak entity classes and the part-of association

From: Saied Tazari <saied.tazari@zgdv.de>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 09:50:24 +0100
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: public-webont-comments@w3.org

Dan Connolly wrote:
> .
> Coincidentally, part/whole relationships is one of the first
> things we've started writing about in this context:
>   http://esw.w3.org/topic/PartWhole
> .
> .
>   SW Best Practices WG - draft charter for discussion
>   Guus Schreiber (Monday, 10 November)
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2003Nov/0055.html
>

> Does it seem satisfactory to take up your suggestion in
> a later stage of work? Note the OWL drafts have been
> out since March 2002 and we were really hoping
> to get all comments on the OWL specs in by 20 September 2003.

Thank you very much for the introduced links.  I'm relieved to hear that
this is already a discussion point in the SW community.  It also shows
that the deferment of the suggestion was not that wrong: as I had
guessed, there were others who missed this fundamental feature but
waited for the next round of discussions :-)

-- Saied