implicit ways to define mandatory properties in OWL?

From: Benjamin Nowack <office@e-senses.de>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 18:48:14 +0100
To: public-webont-comments@w3.org

Hi,

as far as I understand, the usual way to specify
a _required_ property is by using OWL's cardinality
constraints (owl:cardinality, owl:minCardinality,
owl:maxCardinality) on local classes/restrictions.

I wonder if there are any other ways to flag a
property (locally or globally) as mandatory?

thanx for your time and help,
benjamin

[background: I'm working on a tool which creates html
forms based on an OWL ontology that can only be
submitted if at least the mandatory fields are
filled in. Now I'm trying to find out, if I missed
something in the OWL docs..]

benjamin nowack

kruppstrasse 82-100
45145 essen, germany