Re: OWL Reference comment - RDF Schema for OWL

From: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@cs.vu.nl>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 14:19:59 +0200
To: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
CC: public-webont-comments@w3.org

Dave,

Thanes for your comment. See responses in-line.

Dave Beckett wrote:

>   OWL Web Ontology Language Reference
>   W3C Working Draft 31 March 2003
>
>   Appendix B. RDF Schema of OWL (Normative)
>   http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-owl-ref-20030331/#appB
>
> The RDF schema for OWL appears in a Normative appendix of the
> Informative OWL Reference

Appendix B is not normative. Te label "(normative)" in the Appendix
title is an update error. It has been corrected in the editor's drafts [1].

Note: the editor's draft is an unofficial version maintained by the
editors to keep track of editorial changes during LC.

> Can you have a normative part of an informative document?  It might
> be that it would be better to describe more fully the status of this
> appendix content.
>
> Please also include the URI of the RDF/XML that this appendix
> corresponds to or may be found, if there is one so that it may be
> used directly -- for example, in testing.  At present, you have to
> cut and paste the HTML.

We added a link to such an document in the editor's draft.
See: http://www.daml.org/2002/06/webont/owl

> (This is unrelated to the question of the bits found behind when
> dereferencing some XML Namespace URI - I just ask that the URL of the
> this content be made available. )
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave

Please let us know whether this response is satisfactory.

Thanks, Guus

[1] http://www.daml.org/2002/06/webont/owl-ref-proposed
--
NOTE: new affiliation per April 1, 2003