Re: "sameAs" error in OWL Language Reference 31 March 2003

From: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@cs.vu.nl>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 10:52:01 +0200
To: "Richard H. McCullough" <rhm@cdepot.net>
CC: public-webont-comments@w3.org

Richard H. McCullough wrote:

 > Section 5.2 says sameAs is a synonym for sameIndividualAs
 >
 > Appendix B says sameAs is a subProperty of sameIndividualAs

Thanks for your comment and for reviewing our documents.
Appendix B indeed defines sameAs as a subproperty of sameIndividualAs,
but also the inverse: sameIndividualAs is defined as a subproperty of
sameAs:

[[
<rdf:Property rdf:ID="sameIndividualAs">
   <rdfs:label>sameIndividualAs</rdfs:label>
   <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="#Thing"/>
   <rdfs:range rdf:resource="#Thing"/>
   <rdfs:subPropertyOf rdf:resource="#sameAs"/>
</rdf:Property>

<rdf:Property rdf:ID="sameAs">
   <rdfs:label>sameAs</rdfs:label>
   <rdfs:subPropertyOf rdf:resource="#sameIndividualAs"/>
</rdf:Property>
]]

The combination of these two subproperty statements implies that the
extensions of sameAs and sameIndividualAs are identical.

Please let us know whether this response is satisfactory.

Thanks again for your comment,
Guus Schreiber

 > ============
 > Dick McCullough <mailto:rhm@cdepot.net>