Re: privacy in OWL

> At 17:33 +0200 5/6/03, Bernard Vatant wrote:
> >Well, I was just about to send a comment along the same general lines, the
> >notion of "rights" in OWL. In real-world applications, one will need the
> >built-in ability to manage rights of access and edition on the information,
> >based on users profiles, definition of workspaces, and the like.

Please note that while with P3P there is a vocabulary on privacy that
one can use, there is no rights description language backed by a large
consensus. You might be interested to look into ODRL[1] and XMCL[2], two
submitted rights-languages.

  1. http://www.w3.org/Submission/2002/06
  2. http://www.w3.org/Submission/2002/05
--
Rigo Wenning            W3C/ERCIM
Policy Analyst          Privacy Activity Lead