Re: Restriction, DeprecatedClass in OWL Language Reference 31 March 2003

1. I consider your response satisfactory.

2. I would like to explain why
    owl:Restriction  rdfs:subClassOf  rdfs:Property
makes sense to me, based on the idea of a genus-differentia definition.
a. In the weak sense (owl:equivalentClass), OWL has genus-differentia
definitions.
A species class is defined as the intersection of
    a subClass of its genus class
and one or more
    Restriction class
b. In the philosophical sense, a genus-differentia definition is a
conjunction.
A species class is defined as the conjunction of
    ?x is an instance of its genus class
and one or more
    ?x  has subProperty
where subProperty is related to a common Property of all the instances.
It appears to me that the only purpose of owl:Restriction
is to specify a subProperty of a class definition.

Dick McCullough
knowledge haspart proposition list;