Re: Problem with PET of sections 7.1.5 and 7.1.6 of OWL test cases

From: - Fabien Gandon - <fgandon@cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 16:04:23 -0400
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, public-webont-comments@w3.org

Dan Connolly wrote:
 >> I have a problem with PET
 > Umm... I don't think I'm familiar with PET. What is it?

Sorry this is an acronym for "Positive Entailment Test".

"http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/SymmetricProperty/premises001#premises001#path".

 >> Any comments ?
 > They should both expand to
 > "http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/SymmetricProperty/premises001#path"
 >
 > The use of rdf:about in OWL comes from lower level specifications: RDF,
 > XML, URI.
 > In particular:

<SNIP />

 > Please let us know if this clarifies the situation to your satisfaction.

Ok, I understand that
"http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/SymmetricProperty/premises001#premises001#path"
is not a valid URI, and if I read the "RDF/XML Syntax Specification"
correctly, the fact that "a fragment identifier is transformed into a
RDF URI Reference by appending the fragment identifier to the in-scope
base URI" means I have to extract the fragment identifier "#path" from
the identifier before concatenating it with the base URI.

Thanks.

Fab.

--
|__ _ |_  http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/People/fgandon/