Re: OWL Test Cases

I had a suggestion that we should expand the definition of "logically
complete", and perhaps require complete consistency checkers to provide
configurable resource limits. With such a change it would be possible to
add - "For any given input file there must be some settings of the resource
limits for which a complete consistency checker returns either Consistent
or Inconsistent (even if it is after the heat death of the universe)".

I agree with you about the crucial difference between complete and
incomplete reasoners - we have tried to set it up in that fashion.

Is your problem with the copyright statement that you feel uncomfortable
*giving* a contribution to the W3C - I have not given this much thought -
it was basically copied from the RDF Core process. If you can suggest a
copyright statement that would:
1) permit users to copy
2) permit use in the recommendation
3) keep you happy
I would run it past Dan Connolly to see if there were any procedural
problems with using it.
I would be relecutant to have the final document littered with differing
copyright statements - the WD has a copyright statement at the top which
covers each of the tests as well. These in turn have individual copyright
statements. The motive for section B.5 is simply to facilitate quality
control - I automatically check that those exact words are in every file.

We welcome contributions; if you have more than a handful it would make our
lives much easier if you use the OWL Test Case editor; this generates the
Manifest files, makes sure the filenaming conventions are followed etc.
etc. (and adds the copyright statement!)

For details see:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Feb/0267.html

Jim indicated that you want to access only the lite tests ...

The code in Zipper.java in the test case editor should be quite easy to
modify to make a zip which was only the tests you want.

Jeremy