RE: ontology, database, OOP, Semantic Web

From: Leo Sauermann <leo@gnowsis.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 22:23:54 +0100
To: "'Yongchun Gao'" <yongchun.gao@mail.mcgill.ca>, "'www-rdf-interest'" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>, "'Www-Rdf-Logic'" <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>, <public-webont-comments@w3.org>

Hello Yongchun,

> I did not see much material that talks about the relation among
ontology, >database, and OOP (object oriented programming). But I want
to say some idea that I am thinking recently to share with you all, and
of course any comment is welcome.

perhaps this is interesting for you:
[Bek2003] Dave Beckett, Jan Grant, "SWAD-Europe Deliverable 10.2:
Mapping Semantic Web Data with RDBMSes",

If you follow this trail, you might find other stuff that is related to
them, perhaps someone quotes it or the like ...

> The Semantic Web is based on the current web. Does this mean that
Semantic Web will run on HTTP too?

Hm, there is much fuss about this.
Checkout Uriqa
And Joseki
and Sesame

for Semantic Web Server interfaces.

A good example how Semantic Web exists is RSS:

thousands of RSS streams, I have "trillian" and watch them. This is
typical SemWeb stuff.

hth a little

Leo Sauermann