Re: owl editor, parser.

From: Sean Bechhofer <seanb@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 16:24:32 +0000
To: Yongchun Gao <yongchun.gao@mail.mcgill.ca>
Cc: www-rdf-interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>, Www-Rdf-Logic <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>, public-webont-comments@w3.org

Yongchun Gao wrote:

> Hi, experts,
>
> Does anyone know some software tools that can edit OWL files? and
 > OWL parser(just as xml parser)?

Emacs does quite well as an editor :-). Seriously though, OilEd [1] is a
tool that supports (most of) OWL. It was originally built as an editor
for OIL and DAML+OIL, so there are one or two things that it doesn't yet
do, but we are working on it. As a basic editor for OWL ontologies it
should do fine.

If you're interested in an OWL parser, our OWL API [2] provides
functionality for parsing OWL in RDF/XML.

	Sean

[1] http://oiled.man.ac.uk
[2] http://sourceforge.net/projects/owlapi
--