From: Justo Ruiz
To: www-rdf-logic@w3.org
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 1:05 PM
Subject: Properties in OWL

All,

I've been following OWL language evolution for a while and ever
since I learnt about it, I had a question on my mind which I still
haven't found a solution or explanation:  Why Properties cannot have
properties?  That is, why is it not possible to decorate a property with
attributes and associations (using the UML terminology)?  I found this
very frustrating as, for example, a simple mapping between a UML
Association Class and a OWL Property is not possible.

Thanks in advance for your clarifications.

Regards,

Justo Ruiz Ferrer.