Re: CR draft OWL Reference owl.rdf

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:04:55 -0500
To: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc: public-webont-comments@w3.org

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 06:30, Dave Beckett wrote:
> This email to Mike Dean bounced at BBN's server so I'll send it here.

Thanks for the careful review...

> I read
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Aug/0045.html
> and noticed the new owl.rdf:
>   http://www.daml.org/2002/06/webont/owl
>
> You seem to have thrown out all the dublin core stuff from the last
> version.  That's up to you I guess, is there a reason?

I'm not sure... we'll have to get back to you on that.

>   Maybe you are
> waiting for the publication date.   Anyway, the xmlns:dc remains.
>
> A possible bug, the rdfs:seeAlso is a string value, not a URI, so no RDF
> software will ever use it as a URI.

I did some work on that; it makes the OWL schema out of
sync with the reference document; we need to reconcile
them somehow. I'll talk it over with the WG/editors.

> The only other thing left is style, you could just have
>   <AnnotationProperty rdf:about="&rdfs;seeAlso"/>
> ditto for other things with bare rdf:Description.
>
> which might read better.

Mike, Guus, please consider that editorial suggestion
and let Dave know what you think.