Re: Naming convention in OWL

From: Mike Dean <mdean@bbn.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 18:49:15 -0700
To: "Nikola" <nikola.stojanovic@acm.org>
cc: public-webont-comments@w3.org

> When I look at http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-ref/ I find owl:equivalentProperty
> (lowerCamelCase), owl:FunctionalProperty (UpperCamelCase) and
> owl:TransitiveProperty (UpperCamelCase) among other elements of the OWL
> vocabulary. Is there a document (reference to, ...) that explains the naming
> convention used in OWL?

Nikola,

Thanks for your feedback.

OWL uses the conventions from RDF:  names of classes are
UpperCamelCase while names of properties are lowerCamelCase.
I agree that it would be good to cite or add an explanation
of this convention.  While this convention is accepted
practice, other naming conventions are also allowed.

	Mike