Re: Wine Ontology

Thanks for your interest in our document (and the subject matter).

There is a property called located in
(spec:
  <owl:Class rdf:ID="Region" />
- <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:ID="locatedIn">
  <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/7/owl#TransitiveProperty" />
  <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/@@/owl#Thing" />
  <rdfs:range rdf:resource="#Region" />
  </owl:ObjectProperty>
)

the domain is thing  (and wine is a subclass of thing)  so locatedIn does connect
wines to regions.
(It has the general domain thing so that it can also be used to connect wineries to
regions as well.)

For example, bordeaux (the subclass of wine) is located in BordeauxRegion  (which
is in turn located in the FrenchRegion).
WhiteBordeaux (because it is a subclass of bordeaux) is located in bordeauxRegion
as well.
WhiteBordeaux is also stated to be made from sauvignon blanc or semillon so when
you look at whiteBordeaux you also can determine that those varietals are used to
make wines from the bordeaux region.

Deborah

--
 Deborah L. McGuinness